Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 7

The awards ceremony today was incredible! Just simply being in the same room with the world's best and most celebrated advertisers was an experience I will never forget. I really enjoyed watching all of the work on the screen and comparing the many different ads to each other. The festival was such a grand production, and the Cannes Lions staff did a terrific job of hosting it. I particularly enjoyed hearing Bono speak as he accepted his award. 

My favorite winning advertisement was definitely the "Marmite Neglect" commercial. It was hilarious and so clever and creative. I also was very impressed by the Volvo "Most Epic Split Campaign." (The music from that one will be stuck in my head for the rest of the week....) 

I can't help but be sad that this week of the festival is over! From the valuable information I learned during seminars to the conversations I had with professionals, I have definitely learned more in this week than I ever could inside a classroom. I will take these experiences and lessons with me into any future career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment